Friday, August 17, 2007

My First Blog

This blog is dedicated to my beautiful baby girl Tiraya Josephine and the amazing adventure that is her life! Here's how her story began:



March 21, 2007 in the wee hours of the morning, before the sun or birds were up. Grandma, daddy, and I piled into the car and headed off to St Joseph's Hopital.

Once at the hospital we waited and waited and waited. Finally they got me ready. Nervous and excited I was went into the operation room. I was given a spinal block (like an epidural) and waited. While I was getting preped Mike was getting ready too. The next hour of so is blurry. But here's what happened next:


And then this:

We stayed in the hospital for 5 days. Tira was jaundice and I had lost a lot of blood. But eventually we made it home. Breastfeeding was our biggest challenge. After 10 visits to the LC, 2 bouts with mastitis (including a 2am run to the ER), a number of plug ducts, a ridiculous amount of pain, and a lot of support from grandma we are now nursing pros.


Tira is now 1 week shy of 5 months. She can almost sit up, roll from back to front, smile, laugh, "talk", get her mommy, daddy, and grandma to pick her up when ever she wants, and is starting to scoot. The next phase of her adventure is solid foods and her first trip to Thailand!

No comments: