Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our Trip to Khao Yai!!

This past weekend baby, grandma, papa and I all went out to Khao Yai for a little "cold weather". This should be understood as 70's during the day and 50's during the night! We were invited by papa's tennis partner, Khun Yai (grandma in Thai) Ang, this knarly 65 year old who's in better shape than ANYONE I know! We thought it would be a nice quiet relaxing weekend in the mountains. Little did we know that it was not just Khun Yai Ang, but 5 of her old lady friends, along with her husband and daughter!

Khao Yai is about 2 hours outside of Bangkok, and Khun Yai Ang's house is another 30 minutes from there. We left at 9:30 am (only 1 hour behind schedule) and so you'd expect us to get tehre around 12ish right? Yah no, we didn't end up getting there until after 6pm! On the way up we stopped at a ceramics factory but couldn't buy anything because they were for export only, but we did have lunch there. Then we had to stop for a bathroom break, then to buy fruit.

Here's the really fun part! These 6 ladies didn't go up there to just hang around and relax, they went up there to KARAOKE!! And let me tell you the drunk Japanese business men have nothing on these women. They were pretty (read:very) terrible! At one point all the neighborhood dogs started howling with them! One lady sang Edel Weiss (from Sound of Music) and instead of singing "bloom and grow" it came out as "broom and grow" [my thai homies will understand why!].

As for me, baby, grandma, and papa we just hung out, went on walks, read, slept and ate. Lots of eatting! The trip home was just as long as the trip up. But over all it was a lot of fun. Check out the pictures:

At the ceramics factory playing with papa (note the "german" beer steins that are obviously not made in germany)

Checking out the view from the main house with papa

Going on a walk with papa (some how her diaper came loose and baby ended up peeing all over papa hehehe)

Me and baby walking around the grounds talking to daddy on the phone

My good girl chillin' in the car (notice her new baby leggs? it was too hot to actually wear them so she was rocking it 80s style)

The amazing standing monkey













The house we stayed in


The main house

Everyone kept trying to stick food in Pnut's mouth so I finally gave up and let them give her corn on the cob. She didn't actually "eat" any of it she just knawed on it for a while. At first she just held it cause it was kinda warm and I think she liked the way it felt. Then she needed to check it out. Finally she tried it and she really seemed to like it and was pretty mad at me when I wouldn't give it back to her after she dropped it on the floor a couple of times and I was tired of washing it off.
(Stupid blogspot wont let me add the rest of the pictures. I will try again later)
t 50 nice picture of the 4 of us

t 51 us and the 6 crooners

4 comments:

alexis o said...

she's so cute all standing with her legwarmers!!

Sonia said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten! She is beautiful! It looks like you are having an amazing time there in Thailand!

Marissa Fischer said...

I need more wah wah. I need her NOW.

Rachel said...

Okay, I'm ready for some new stories of recent adventures and baby tricks! And more pictures of you and your little cutie!!!!