Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Starting to Look Alot Like Christmas

I had a nice long blog planned out in my mind but I just don't have time so you get pictures!

I had planned on getting a real tree but during my crazy Black Friday Shopping induced haze I ended up with a pre-lite fake tree:


Of course since this is our first real Christmas here and all of my parents decorations are back in Thailand we had nothing to put on the tree. So crazy Papa and the babies "decorated" the tree with whatever we had on hand:




I then braved more Black Friday weekend shopping and took the girls by myself to Target to find some decorations (after Target and Old Navy I wussed out and met up with Yai Yai and Aunty Rissa before going to Wal-Mart). Once we got home Tira, Lanna and I had fun decorating the tree with proper decorations:

Why didn't anyone tell me my hair looked like that? I don't know...



Video of Lanna in time out because she kept taking the ornaments off the tree and destroying them (it's long you only need to watch the first few seconds, I don't know how to shorten video clips)


What are they wearing you ask? Remember the Black Friday induced haze? I got the girls snow outfits and hats with gloves. They insisted on wearing them to decorate. Lanna can't move in hers it's pretty funny. Maybe I'll try and post video of it later...


Notice what happens when you let midgets little people decorate the tree. All the decorations are at the bottom. And for some reason Tira didn't understand the concept of spreading them out so she piled 5 or 6 ornaments on top of each other - literally hooking one ornament to the other instead of the tree LOL.



Yai Yai had a Christmas tradition with me and Rissa to get us a new ornament each year. We started that with the girls (although theirs from last year are in BKK) and here's what I was able to get FREE (thank you EADFL) from Kodak.




Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

bethanylbirch said...

These are so cute. Thanks so much for sharing them. I love your blog Tanya. I remember the first two years we lived in our house we had 2 kids under 2, no money, and a tired mommy who didn't want to fight over the Christmas tree.. so our Christmas tree was decorated with all the little baby toys with the car seat/stroller rings on them. It was cute, and the kids could pull them off all they wanted. :)