Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Delish!

I don't think I've mentioned lately my love of food. There are a few things in life that I absolutely just love. My children are towards at the top of the list, then it's a tie between food and sleep. Ohh how I love sleep. But sleep is sleep there's not much to say about it except the rare days where I get more than a 7 hour stretch.


But food, well I could talk about food all day long. In fact I do - follow me on twitter or befriend me on facebook and you'll find that I post about food - what I want to cook, what I have cooked, what I'm currently cooking - a lot!


Today for dinner I made the most AMAZING chicken. It was the Chicken Normandy recipe from Simply Recipes. I made very little modifications - I didn't have brandy so I threw in some rum, I used a small onion instead of a large one because recipes always call for too much onion, and didn't bother measuring the thyme or cream. The results were fan-freaking-tastic! Please please for the love of food make this soon. Apples are in season and this recipe has the right balance of sweet, salty, warmth, and heartiness.


I have pictures but they're stuck on Aunty Rissa's camera - and I don't have the cable to connect it to my computer, so ya'll are just going to have to wait.


Instead you get to see pictures of my cupcake making madness from back in July. This is my mom's vegan chocolate cupcake recipe and it's probably my favorite cupcake EVER - and that's saying a lot! The recipe is amazingly simple - and because it's vegan you can happily lick the spoon and bowl worry free. The batter seems very watery but trust me that make for a moist cupcake!


The naughties anxiously awaiting cupcake-goodness:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Fresh out of the oven:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Chocolate Ganache frosting (not vegan):




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Goodness:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


1 comment:

Miss Bee said...

vegan cupcakes!!!!!!!! are you kidding me mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm