Saturday, October 16, 2010

Long Time No Blog

I suck I know. But it's ok because Tira and Lanna don't realize it yet!! So many awesome changes have been happening that I'm just swamped...


1.) I bought a house! And it's A.M.A.Z.I.N.G (pronounced ah-mah-zing)! It's in Midvale only a couple blocks from our old place and a couple blocks from Marissa and Daniel's place. It's 2 levels (ground level and a finished basement), 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a living room, a family, 2 fire places, a renovated kitchen, a huge deck, a kick @ss backyard, and ohh yeah a hot tub (ok so we're not sure if it works or not but I have one none-the-less). All the rooms have a ceiling fan which is great on the electric bill. We had new insulation put in (and thanks to rebates and tax credits I ended being PAID for doing it) which will help the gas bill. Now if we can just figure out why the water bill is sky high I'd be a happy homeowner. 


Lots of love to Grandma Cathy who came over and helped paint and clean and fix up the yard. Papa has been going none stop on the yard and it really looks wonderful. We have some beautiful roses growing. 


The upstairs living room is pretty bare, an old tv given to us by our old neighbors, an Ikea chair, the girls' form sofa's and a computer. I'm waiting to buy new furniture when I can afford it. The old furniture went downstairs to the family room which has our old TV and looks pretty full. All the other rooms are pretty bare. I guess that's what happens when you move from a tiny 2 bedroom apartment into a ginormous 5 bedroom house. But I have plenty of time to fill it. The one room that did get new furniture is the girl's bedroom. They each got two tiny Ikea beds that will grow as they grow. Aunty Rissa has big plans for their room, if only she had time to make the dreams reality.


2. I lost my job. 


3. I got a NEW much much much better job. I applied for and interviewed for 1,000s and 1,000s of jobs. I had a handful of interviews and then I got two right in a row. The first was for an accountant in the AP department of a local utility company in Utah. The second was for an accounting supervisor of a the local non-profit. There were pro's and con's to both jobs. But in the end I went with the utility company. And I really like there. It's not quite what I expected going in but my boss is great, my co-workers (with the exception of one - but you can't always like everyone) are great, the benefits are AMAZING, and the upward mobility is phenomenal. One of the best parts about my new company is the tendency to higher within and keep their employees. You're considered "new" or "just starting" until you've hit your 10th year. My particular position seems to be a groomer position as everyone before has moved up in the company. I'm excited to see where this job is going to take me. 


Those are the major things. I still have a lot of catch up to do such as Lanna's second birthday, Tira starting ballet, and of course Harry Potter's birthday party.


But for know you'll have to make due with pictures of the new house:



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



I'm going to have to take and post some new pictures. These are all from when we first moved in and the yard especially looks so much better now. I'm being kicked off the computer by a 3 foot tall crazy person demanding to watch Sleeping Beauty for the 10,000th time.

No comments: