Monday, November 8, 2010

The Pumpkin Parking Lot... I mean Patch

Utah is notorious for bad pumpkin patches. Remember the Great Pumpkin Patch Adventure of 2009, where the pumpkin patch consisted of 10 pumpkins lined up? Yeah so this year I didn't get my hopes up. Instead I picked a place that had more to offer. It didn't even have a name, it was just on the corner of a major intersection that's on the way to Tira's ballet class. I picked it because 1) they seemed to have a large assortment of pumpkins, 2) because they were really close and 3) because they had a bounce house. #3 was my down fall.

Of course Tira fell asleep on the way over there - which was an indication of trouble brewing. We got out and discovered that the bounce house was $1 per go or $5 unlimited and that Lanna got to go for free. Let me back up because I'm deceiving you. It wasn't a bounce house as in just a big open area that kids jumped up and down in surrounded by netting. Ohh no that would have been too easy. Nope it was a blown up maze that you had to climb and crawl through then scale a wall and finally slide down to the end. Of course Lanna being a shrimp midget dainty little girl needed help, which meant mommy dearest (that's me) got to crawl, climb, squeeze, and scale her way through too. Ohh joy.

I had intended to let them go through once. Stupid me. We ended up going through at least 15 times, and by then my leg was cramping and my back was aching and I was beat. So I just let them do it on their own. For being do "dainty" Lanna managed just fine on her own.

Of course Tira threw the biggest temper tantrum EVER when I told her we were done with the bounce house from hell and it was time to pick out pumpkins.
We did eventually all get pumpkins and later in the week they girls got to paint them. Cause you know I'm not trusting MY little devils angels with knives.
I just realized we have no pictures of the finished products! Oh well.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

CUTE! I love the pic of them hugging. Best friends. :)