Thursday, February 24, 2011

Conversations

With the current rumblings in the Middle East, specifically Libya, I thought it was a good idea to fill up my gas tank. So last night when I got home from work and the girls were just finishing their dinner I decided to take them with me to get gas and then we’d stop for ice cream on the way back.

Here’s how the conversation went on the drive to the gas station:
Tira: Where are we going?
Me: To get gas.
Tira: There’s the gas station.
Me: No we’re going to the other gas station because it’s cheaper.
Tira: I don’t care about that. I want ice cream.
Me: (laughing) You should care about it because if I have to spend all our money on gas then we can’t buy I ice cream.
Tira: Well we should buy ice cream FIRST.

My genius child is going to solve the issue of world hunger next.
Still driving.
Tira: Where are we getting ice cream?
Me: You’ll just have to wait and see.
Lanna: Where we get ice cream?
Tira: I don’t know.
Lanna: Where we get ice cream?
Tira: I don’t know.
Lanna: Where we get ice cream?
Tira: I don’t know.
Lanna: Where we get ice cream?
Tira: I don’t know.
Lanna: Where we get ice cream?
Me: Lanna, Tira already told you she doesn’t. Now stop asking or you won’t get any ice cream.
Lanna: No.
Me: Excuse me, what did you say?
Lanna: Shhh mommy, I sleeping.
I didn’t respond the shock was too great.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That's HILARIOUS!