Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Today was Tira's very first day of preschool! We've put her in a local Lutheran school (not our church school because they don't start until Kindergarten).  Since she's never been to daycare or any type of activity where we've left her alone I decided it was best to ease her into it. Luckily for us the school I choose had a summer program. So back in she started going once a week for 4 hours. Then in  July we increase it to twice a week. Here are some picture's from that "first day".




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Right now she's going 3 days a week for 3 hours each day. She'll be learning her letters, numbers, colors and days of the week. She'll also be learning Spanish and sign language. Today she even came home with homework. Yup my 4 year old preschooler came home with homework on the first day of school... I'll let you draw you're own conclusions about that.

Here are some pictures from today.

All the stuff we had to take for her first day.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Her first "first day of school card". My mom used to leave a have a great day at school card in my lunch every year and so I've started the tradition over with Tira.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Saying goodbye to Yai Yai.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

When I asked her if she had a good day at school today all she said "mmhhhmmm but I didn't get to eat lunch there". Wow that was informative. I'm hoping as the year progresses I'll get more detailed accounts of her day.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Aw...Did you cry? I imagine I will cry just a little. In these pictures, she looks younger with the shorter hair, but in person she looks so much more grown up! I'm sure she'll love school. I used to tell my dad EVERYDAY after kindergarten that we danced on the tables. So look on the bright side - at least she's not lying to you! ;)

KKSorrell said...

Love it! I'm glad she likes it.

Charisse said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad it has gone well!!!