Saturday, September 10, 2011

Company Picnic at Lagoon

Today was my company's annual employee picnic at Lagoon!


We didn't go last year because I didn't think the girls would be able to make it worth the money and trip. But this year I decided to give it a go.

There are two parts to the picnic first is the company provided activities. There were various games and activities for the kids - fishing, football toss, shooting the basketball (I got 2 out of 3 and the one I misses was an in and out... yeah I still got it), putting and this bizarre game where you try to launch a rubber frog into a pot. The girls had a lot of fun and were very happy with their prizes. Here they are waiting in line for the football toss (they won those sunglasses):




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Honestly I don't know where they get it from! And of course it wouldn't be us if there wasn't a duckface thrown in there:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


There was also cookie decorating:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


And then cookie eating:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


There was lunch (which was yucky) and ice cream (which was yummy) and a raffle which we didn't stick around for.

Then it was off to the various rides offered by lagoon. The girls really surprised me. I thought for sure Lanna would be my dare devil who wanted to do all the scary rides and Tira would be my wuss. Boy was I wrong. Right off the bat Tira wanted to do ALL the big rides. She went on BomBora which was a actual whips and turns and giant drops roller coaster with me. She begged to go on the Bat with me but I said next year. Lanna was a total pansy and wouldn't even go on the Odysea.

Tira and I on the Odysea:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Me getting on the Bat:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Tira and I went on one called the Flying Aces - goodness I will NEVER EVER go on that ride again! It was horrible I thought the strings were going to snap and we'd be flung into a building. I couldn't figure out the controls. Tira kept telling me "it's ok mommy" LOL




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


I finally convinced Lanna to go on one with us that wasn't a baby ride, the Musik Express. Which basically spins in a circle fast and goes up and down. I couldn't stop laughing. I know I'm a terrible mommy. Lanna kept saying no and screaming, Tira was laughing screaming and then put her arm around Lanna and said it's ok baby. Swoon.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


I taught Tira how to put her arms up and scream on a roller coaster:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Them on various baby rides:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The day would have been perfect except for the last five minutes. Tira and I were just finishing up a roller coaster and Lanna was in the stroller with Yai Yai. Lanna insisted on putting her tray down without Yai's help and managed to get her arm pinched. We ended up going to the first aide station and since it started to rain we called it a day.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The EMT was really nice. He even gave Tira a fish even though she wasn't the one with an owie.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


I can't wait for next year. Tira's shooting up like a weed and will be tall enough to go on most of the rides with me. Hopefully Lanna will be a little less scared by then too.

2 comments:

Welcome to Lulu's life. said...

Looks like a fun day minus the injury. Oddly my younger sister once had that happen on the music express. She had to get butterfly bandaids to hold it shut. Scary stuff that Lagoon.

Heidi said...

This post just made me smile! What a fun fun day and you got such adorable pics of them!