Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekend Extravaganza

I used to complain about not having any friends and never getting out and doing anything. I attribute my stellar reading record last year to the fact that that was all I did… work, read, play with kids, read, cook, read, sleep. And then I joined a yoga class. And then I joined a book club. And then acquaintances I had met through my sister started to turn into friends. And strangers I talked to on twitter wanted to hang out. And all of a sudden I have a social life! Let’s have a moment of silence for this absolute miracle.

February is turning out to be my social butterfly month. Aside from my normal yoga classes and book club meetings, I have play dates, music shows, stitch n bitch, craft day, lunches with friends and TWO out of town visitors. Phew, I’m tired just typing it all. And ummm yeah I love it!

Two weeks ago the girls and I had a fun-tastic weekend. I’m lucky enough to be able to work flex hours and my weekends begin at 10:30 on Fridays. So after putting in a few hours at the office I picked up the girls and we went to Jump Around (a warehouse filled various bounce houses and a jungle gym) and met up with my friend Ami and her daughter Isabelle. I met Ami pretty much through twitter and mutual friends. We’ve hung out a few times and our kiddos get along great.

They wouldn't stop moving so the pictures are a little blurry, but the video is pretty funny.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


After working up an appetite (and a sore back for mommy) the girls and I stopped at our favorite Friday lunch spot – Red Ginger. Mmmm sushi. Sorry we were all too busy eating for pictures, but trust me when I say it was amazing.

Here’s Tira “buying lunch” (on mommy’s credit card, this better not be an indication of the teen years to come).


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Later that night I met up with my good friend Linda for dinner and drinks at Maxwell’s downtown and then we headed over to Burts Tiki Lounge, a ah um “bar”, to watch her husband’s band, Four Leaves Left, play. They were great even if the venue was a little scary (dive does not even begin to describe it LOL).




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





The next morning after my yoga class (and if any of you SLC’ers are interested I go to a great class on Tuesday and Saturdays you should join me) the girls and I did a rainbow “crapt”. Of course this was taken from Pinterest.

All you need is a small container of Fruit Loops, paper, glue, cotton balls and markers. I drew the rainbow on to the paper using the markers, then added the glue either one row or half a row at a time. The Fruit Loops were poured out on to a plate and the girls had to pick the right color to match the row. This is good for color recognition, fine motor skills, and counting (count the rows, count the number of Loops it takes to fill the row). Finally once rainbow is done, glue on some cotton ball clouds. The girls had a lot of fun and stayed engaged the whole time.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

My day concluded with a surprise trip to Kingsbury Hall to see a performance of C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters. What a phenomenal performance! Really if they come to your city you should definitely go see it.

And since we had such a busy Friday and Saturday we couldn’t just leave Sunday alone. So we went over to my friend Kelly’s new house and had a real southern meal – fried chicken, mac n cheese, collard greens, corn bread and beer. I made Marissa’s delicious ├ęclair cake and it was the perfect end to a wonderful weekend.


2 comments:

alexis o said...

Tira's name is soooo cute! I love her "a"
can't wait to see you guys!!!!

MommyTanya said...

She's convinced that's how she's supposed to write it even though she'd been doing it properly for months now. I think her teacher wrote it sloppily one time and now Tira has latched on to the "q" looking "a". I told her if she continues to write her "a"s like that I will start calling her Tirq. LOL.