Saturday, March 24, 2012

Birthday Day

Tira's actual birthday was Wednesday and keeping with our tradition she and I did something special.

Since it was a school day I went to work as normal in the morning and she went to school. Yai Yai made her her favorite breakfast, pancakes.





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



And she got to take some special cookies into her class.





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



While I was still at work I called home to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Me: Happy Birthday! How old are you now? 130?
Tira: (laughing) Noooo I'm 5.
Me: Ohhhh. 5? That's soooo old are you going to move out and get your own apartment?
Tira: (still laughing) No! I'm still little. I can't move out.
Me: Ohhh ok well how about we just go get some cupcakes instead.
Tira: (very seriously) Ok but I have to go to school first so you'll just have to wait.

I love her.

I left work early and picked up Tira to go on our traditional cupcake run.
First year:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Second year:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



This year:




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Only as we pulled into the parking lot of the Sweet Tooth Fairy she informed me that she didn't want cupcakes and that she really wanted ice cream. Luckily for us there was a Stone Cold in the same shopping center. I talked her out of the blue cotton candy flavored ice cream and she ended up with chocolate ice cream, chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles. I went with the salted caramel ice cream, almonds, and oreos.





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



She took a bite of my ice cream, declared that it was better and ate the whole thing.





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Shout out to the girl working there who asked me if my necklace was a Hunger Games necklace and if I was going to the midnight showing on Thursday. Now all I have to do is convince them to start carrying bacon as a regular mix in.

We then went home and made a "crapt". This one was not the epic fail that Monday's crapt was.





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



We finished off the day with our traditional noodles for dinner.

Asian kids use chopsticks.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Yai made a "mountain cake" ie. giant rice crispy treat.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing







Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Stay tuned for a birthday party re-cap... Hey maybe I'll even get around to posting about LAST year's party.

No comments: