Monday, March 5, 2012

We Love When People Visit Us!

Like my bestie Alexis!!!! Yes the title was supposed to guilt the people who have not yet visited *sniff sniff*.

Last week one of my oldest and best friends came to Salt Lake for a little rest and relaxation. Unfortunately she stayed with us so it was more like a whirl wind of activities and craziness. But I know she still had fun.

Saturday morning I picked her up from the airport and we went for breakfast at Eggs in the City. She got the eggs benedict and I got poached eggs with corned beef hash. Sorry no pictures because we were to busy eating the food. It was delicious, though my one complaint was that there was water in the bowl my poached eggs came in... That's an amateur mistake.

The waiter giving ups bunny ears:






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


We so cute:






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Then we rushed back to the house to take the girls to karate, which is always a hysterical experience. At home we did a science experiment. I mean when you have a doctor of chemistry in the house, you get more information than my standard explanation "you mix the two things and they react and that thing you just saw happens."

Mentos + diet coke:






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Me trying not to get shot by diet coke:






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


It didn't work out too well because the diet coke was really old. Next time we plan to make flubber!

After that we went to my monthly craft day. Our first craft was supposed to be jewelry bowls, but the clay was not working for us. So the lovely Linda taught Alexis to knit and then we worked on our amazing Hunger Games bags!!

My book buddy Lesley worked almost the whole time to untangle my mess of yarn and actually succeeded!






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing








Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The bags:






Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing








Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing








Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing








Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The bags weren't finished until Monday because we had to rush home to get ready for our epic night out. What did I say, no rest for the wicked... I mean weary. We met up with a couple of my girl friends and the lone lucky guy, Brian. Waited a ridiculously long time for sushi at Red Ginger (always yummy). Then we headed over to Inferno where my favorite DJ and friend Eric was having his birthday bash.


We were dancing machines. No there are no pictures of that because let's be honest, it's fun and you think you look great, but in reality with the lights on you look like a fool.

And that was just Saturday. I had 2.5 more days to overwhelm Alexis with.

No comments: